Zephaniah 3:17

The Lord your God is in your midst. A victorious warrior. He will be quiet in His love. He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy. Zeph. 3:17

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Open and Closed Doors

Many times in life we are given opportunity to open a door but it is our choice what we do when we touch the doorknob.  I recently applied for a family based therapist position.  After my first interview, it seemed like I had the job.  I was flying high.  The HR person said I was born for this job.  So I patiently...okay...anxiously waited for the phone call to come in for a second interview.  I didn't want to check my mail because that meant bad news.  I got the call and went to the interview the next week.  This time I left there with no feeling.  And I got a letter saying that they were not going to be hiring me. 
I was fine with it at first but then the doubt began to set in and the bad self talk.  The questions Why God?  What's the purpose and what is my purpose?  Am I not good enough? 


I began to weep.  (Oh and I was cutting an onion, in case A or the kids came in to the kitchen).  Holy Spirit reminded me that I am MORE THAN GOOD ENOUGH.  So I put on the headphones and began to worship my King and Redeemer.  God has a better assignment for me.  A better place to take His kingdom and shine the Light. 

Yes, I wanted to stand there and try and open the closed door.  We just were praying the night before at life group, why didn't those prayers stop the letter?  The answer...God wasn't in it. We can get so caught up in the moment, in the self pity, the oh why me and not take notice to where He is leading.  God does everything with purpose.  Maybe the purpose of the first interview was to give me confidence for the next opportunity, maybe it was to be a beacon of His light amongst the darkness,  to shine His light for others to see, whatever the purpose it was the right plan. 

I may still feel bummed but I know that my God is greater and He does great things for those who love Him.  If you have experienced an open and closed door, look around for the door that He is opening.  God has your best in mind.  He is working on blessing you beyond your wildest dreams.  What will you choose...trying to open a closed door or keep your eyes fixed on Him and the next open door?


No comments:

Post a Comment